Question about zerogpu

by mikemin027 - opened

So I've been using the free service you get if you create a space and have been trying that out ever since a few hours ago when I hit a limit on my zerogpu usage, and while it is pretty fast for only being cpu compared to whenever I run on my gpu (kinda sad), it's no where near the speed of an a100 or whatever the zerogpu cards are called. I was wondering if anyone knows if it will soon go unlimited in the future? Without a good pc, I'm always limited so I've been really having fun with all the new spaces on HF except for the fact that there's a limit as I said before, but I completely understand why it's there.

ZeroGPU Explorers org
edited 24 days ago

Hello. I'm assuming by "usage limit" you mean the quota, As I said in #99 (I suggest you check that discussion), The quota exists to keep the zeroGPU project affordable for HF (so they aren't actually losing money because of this feature) and usable for everyone. I'll have to correct you that zeroGPU does have the "speed" of an A100 because it is an A100. as mentioned here from the readme; "ZeroGPU uses Nvidia A100 GPU devices under the hood (40GB of vRAM are available for each workloads)", it works differently because the ZeroGPU cluster holds and releases GPUs based on what spaces need them. I believe that the amount of time taken to complete an operation (for example image generation or text generation on any space) is deducted from from your quota (and the quota does refresh)
(this could be wrong, so If someone from HF involved in the zeroGPU project sees this, please correct me)

About going unlimited.. I don't believe that will happen any time soon. though, one can only dream.

mikemin027 changed discussion status to closed